Tuesday, June 14, 2005

more summer reading

while i wait for the new harry potter book, i borrowed me talk pretty one day by david sedaris from my roommate. i can't say what i expected - nothing, really. i'd heard of it, but that's about it. this book is the funniest i've read in a long time.

there isn't much of a story. it's more like a series of roughly chronological autobiographical essays that give you some insight into his mind at various points in his life. what makes it them so brilliant is his extraordinarily dry comic cynicism directed at everything around him and, often, himself. a good lesson in modesty.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Definitely looks like a good read! I'll have to include it in my trunk of good reading that I'm packing for Khartoum where I envision long, hot, dusty nights with plenty of time to read.

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home